Circupool 45 says check cell.

Aug 4, 2013
Oklahoma
I have a question. I've read that I should also watch the cell to see if it is bubbling off chlorine. Well this cell cannot be seen while operating because it is not see thru. What do I do? I am going to take it apart and check to see that it doesnt have any build up on it. Ill post what I find. Thanks a bunch. By the way, I only bought it last summer.

What kind of salt readings is it reporting?

The Hayward's have a check cell light that comes on after some number of hours (like 3 months) to remind you to look at the cell ... does not mean there is actually anything wrong.

You're pretty sharp,aren't you? Well, just when I was making a real habit of checking the levels regularly, I ran out of regent for testing CYA, ordered more and it took a week and a half to arrive. UGH, since then, got CYA up to where its supposed to be at 70,now I'm at a point where chlorine is at 3-4 and I am watching to see if it maintains. Im feeling pretty good about things now. Checking chemical levels daily. Running the SWG at 100 tho. That's why I am concerned it needs to be opened. I wonder why they changed the design and its not transparent any longer, it makes it difficult to see and forces you to open it to check.

Looking for bubbles is not typically going to be easy, so I would not worry about it.

If it is maintain the FC level, that is good and proves it is working.

So you are running at 100% output, for how many hours? Lets estimate the number of ppm of FC you are adding each day.

Looks like you SWG should be creating about 8ppm of FC at 100% in 24 hours.
So, if you are running the pump for less than 12 hours and maintaining a FC reading, things likely are working as they should.

With the higher CYA level, that should help the SWG not have to produce as much.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just what I thought, I will keep a close eye on it. My husband is a freak about only running the pump a few hours each day. He's a miser. He'll run it overnight and turn it off in the morning, so it runs at least 8 hours each time. Then on the weekends when there is a lot more activity in the pool, kids, grandkids,etc I get him to turn the pump back on. I feel that things should be circulating while everyone is swimming.

You need to have a combination of pump run time and a % output that makes enough chlorine for the pool. There is nothing wrong with it running at 100% if that is required for your run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.