Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Circupool 45 says check cell.

1. Back To Top    #1

Circupool 45 says check cell.

I have a question. I've read that I should also watch the cell to see if it is bubbling off chlorine. Well this cell cannot be seen while operating because it is not see thru. What do I do? I am going to take it apart and check to see that it doesnt have any build up on it. Ill post what I find. Thanks a bunch. By the way, I only bought it last summer.
    IG Gunite pool. 30,000 gallons. Hayward type sand filter. Circupool SI 45 salt system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Circupool 45 says check cell.

What kind of salt readings is it reporting?

The Hayward's have a check cell light that comes on after some number of hours (like 3 months) to remind you to look at the cell ... does not mean there is actually anything wrong.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

The CircuPool SWGs have the same feature. The Check Cell light comes on at 90 day intervals to remind you to take the cell out of the system and check it.
    Steve
    32 X 16 inground, 17260 gallons, Vinyl Liner, Triton II TR-60 filter,
    Sta-Rite 1hp pump Model #MPRA6E-147L, CircuPool SI-30 Plus SWG, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

okay, I had read something about that on the door to the control panel. Hope this is the issue. We jst got home from work and are about to take a look at the situation. Ill be back.
    IG Gunite pool. 30,000 gallons. Hayward type sand filter. Circupool SI 45 salt system.

5. Back To Top    #5

I got the light to reset. I'll watch it.

6. Back To Top    #6

Did you inspect the cell?
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I've read that I should also watch the cell to see if it is bubbling off chlorine. Well this cell cannot be seen while operating because it is not see thru. What do I do?

8. Back To Top    #8

What has been going on for the last 17 days?
    Is the light off?
    Is the FC being maintained?
    Jason, TFP Moderator

9. Back To Top    #9

You're pretty sharp,aren't you? Well, just when I was making a real habit of checking the levels regularly, I ran out of regent for testing CYA, ordered more and it took a week and a half to arrive. UGH, since then, got CYA up to where its supposed to be at 70,now I'm at a point where chlorine is at 3-4 and I am watching to see if it maintains. Im feeling pretty good about things now. Checking chemical levels daily. Running the SWG at 100 tho. That's why I am concerned it needs to be opened. I wonder why they changed the design and its not transparent any longer, it makes it difficult to see and forces you to open it to check.

10. Back To Top    #10

Looking for bubbles is not typically going to be easy, so I would not worry about it.

If it is maintain the FC level, that is good and proves it is working.

So you are running at 100% output, for how many hours? Lets estimate the number of ppm of FC you are adding each day.

Looks like you SWG should be creating about 8ppm of FC at 100% in 24 hours.
    So, if you are running the pump for less than 12 hours and maintaining a FC reading, things likely are working as they should.

With the higher CYA level, that should help the SWG not have to produce as much.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

11. Back To Top    #11

Just what I thought, I will keep a close eye on it. My husband is a freak about only running the pump a few hours each day. He's a miser. He'll run it overnight and turn it off in the morning, so it runs at least 8 hours each time. Then on the weekends when there is a lot more activity in the pool, kids, grandkids,etc I get him to turn the pump back on. I feel that things should be circulating while everyone is swimming.

12. Back To Top    #12

So 8 hours is adding about 2.7 ppm of FC daily ... that is reasonable.

If you have doubts and think something is in the water, then you can Perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test.

BTW, I would recommend a timer for the pump/SWG if you do not have one.
    Also no real need for the pump to run while you are swimming.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

Should we need to run the SWG at 100 %?

14. Back To Top    #14

You need to have a combination of pump run time and a % output that makes enough chlorine for the pool. There is nothing wrong with it running at 100% if that is required for your run time.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process