Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Quick ? about FC testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Quick ? about FC testing

I am using the TF-100 test kit. While running a FAS/DPD test...When I add the R-0870 Powder to the sample while stirring. The sample does not change color one bit, even before adding the R-0871 drops. Am I to assume my FC is essentially 0? Opening pool for the first time after winter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick ? about FC testing

It's either zero or you're so high it bleached out the powder. Test it again using the OTO tester that's part of the pH block. If there's none, it will also be clear. If it turns orange or brown, it's mega-high.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

cool thank you... all of the OTO tests were next to clear as well.

4. Back To Top    #4

Good thing you have one of the best kits $$ can buy. Now you know what to do.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Good thing you have one of the best kits $$ can buy. Now you know what to do.
    Great customer service as well.