Plaster Disaster

Aug 28, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
We inherited a pool when we bought our house and while everything works great, I've always noticed what looked like hard water stains all over the plaster. No matter what brush I used there was nothing that worked to get rid of it or even diminish the definition. I've had to drain the pool and was thinking, GREAT! Now I can sand it out. Nope. Nothing. I don't have the budget to replaster or resurface, but does anyone know what this is, what caused it, and if there's anything (besides resurfacing) I can do? The pool store wasn't sure. (See attached photos)IMG_1784.jpg

The pool was built in 2008 I believe.

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1786.jpg
    IMG_1786.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1818.jpg
    IMG_1818.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 82
Likely calcium scaling due to high CH levels and allowing the pH to remain too high.
Acid wash should be able to lessen them some.

Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

I would say an acid wash may take some of it away, not sure I would want to do an acid wash myself.. I bet there is a pool comapany that does acid washes and would know exactly what to do :)

Mine has had that kind of splotchyness since we purchased the house/pool. To be honest it bothered me at first, bu now I don't really notice it. My pool is about 8 years old and I figure I will end up with a re-plaster before I worry about an acid wash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.