Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ugly deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Enfield New Hampshire

Ugly deck

We have a vinyl in-ground pool 38x18 oval with steps at one end. The deck is concrete. We had it constructed over 20 years ago. The coping was installed before the deck was poured and is set into the deck. We hired a contractor to renovate the surface by using a material that could be stamped but was very thin about 1/8" thick. He butchered the job and promised to come back and fix it. This was 3 years ago. My question is what can be done to build up the deck with the coping not removable and having no overlap to the deck surface. The concrete deck before was fine, we just wanted to give it some new life. It now is awful. Suggestions??
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Ugly deck

I do not know how deep your pockets are......................If you are able to I would think about having someone CAREFULLY chip the old stuff out and start all over. I do not know of any thing you can put over it that will not do the same thing.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Upstate, NY

Re: Ugly deck

I would call several concrete companies and ask if they can grind/chip away an inch or two of material, then re-pour over.
    20X36 IG vinyl (18,000 gal), 3 sheer descents, Max-Flo 1.5hp VS 2300, Aquarite T15 SWG, C3030 filter, 250,000 BTU heater, Sharkvac XL (Hayward equip)