Good afternoon good people, and thanks for letting me join you!

Jun 8, 2015
Salem Indiana
Wow, I'm not sure where to even begin! I've been involved in swimming for most of my life as a coach and teacher, but about ten years ago decided to take the plunge and build my own pool. I wanted something that could be used year round, for myself and for my small, but growing USA swim team. So after MUCH research I had an inground 2-lane 25 yard lap pool built in 2007. A year later, the building was built around it, so it is essentially an indoor pool, although we have four double garage doors that can be opened all along one side. I've had some pretty big issues with the Hayward equipment that make me not a very happy Hayward customer, but the expense of the chemicals and upkeep have been daunting so I'm really glad to have found this site, for what I hope will be some guidance. Looking forward to reading and talking with others!

We are happy to have you join us! :wave: Feel free to look around and post any questions or concerns you may have. There are a lot of talented folks here with good knowledge who like to help. I suppose we may hear some good things from you as well. :) Links are below in my signature to assist. Again, welcome!

Welcome to TFP!

swimcoachtdawg said:
...the expense of the chemicals and upkeep have been daunting so I'm really glad to have found this site, for what I hope will be some guidance.
I think you'll find that in abundance here. I saved over $1,000 in the first full year I managed the pool using the TFP method vs. the more traditional pool-store method. Makes the $68 I invested in the TF-100 seem like a small sum in comparison. Not to mentioned I wound up with a noticeably cleaner pool!

Did some competitive swimming myself back in the day - some in pools, but much of it was open water distance swimming - that seemed to be my sweet-spot event.