Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubble in Pool liner - Let me know if I have the right plan...

1. Back To Top    #1
    Oklahoma City, OK

Bubble in Pool liner - Let me know if I have the right plan...

I think I know how to take care of this problem, I just want to get your opinion and any roadblocks. Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place, was not sure on that...

So pool has a large hump or bubble in the deep end right next to the drain. A few weeks ago it was much smaller, but I saw bubbles of air comming up at that time, thus there is a hole. I have the bulldog, or whatever it is, patch kit stuff to fix the hole...I know to apply it to the patch, fold it, dive down and open and quickly place. Was relitivly easy when I had the hole in the shallow end, but this is the deep end. The question is, do i need to get all the air out first or can i just patch the hole and hope?

I can probably get the air out with the pool broom, so that will not be that bad actually... Please let me know.

Also, could heavy concentrations of liquid chlorine (shocking) have caused the hole? It was not there last year and started seeing it right after SLAMing.
    Owner since August 2014. 21,500G Liner In ground Pool with attached 600G plaster in ground hottub. TF-100 Test Kit, Filter: Pentair TA60D Clearpro Sand (HTH) Filter. Pool: 1 Drain, 2 Skimmers 4 Returns. Hot Tub: 1 drain, 1 skimmer, 2 returns. Hot Tub/Pool run by Sta-Rite Dura Glas Single Speed 1.5hp P2RA5F-182L pump with Emerson K63CXESE4972 motor. Spa jets run by Sta-Rite Dura Glas H/L model number unknown.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Bubble in Pool liner - Let me know if I have the right plan...

Sorry this has not been answered. I think most of us are trying to figure out how air is coming from the bottom of the pool? There is no path for air to get down there.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School