Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thoughts on a used sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Thoughts on a used sand filter

To follow up on my filter housing being cracked, I had some other issues that I had to spend my savings on, so the once affordable Pentair Sand Dollar I was looking at has been signifigantly less affordable at the moment. Just for the **** of it I was looking at Craigslist, and there is a person that buys used and broken equipment and refurbishes and resells. I asked if he had any sand filters, he has a Pentair Triton II TR60. He said it is 5 years old, and it's been in a pool house so it hasn't been exposed to the sun or rain. He is only asking $150.

Am I asking for more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks!
    IG gunite freeform pool with attached spa, stone surround, 18,000 gallons, Pentair Tagelus TA60, Pentair Whisperflo WF-8 pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thoughts on a used sand filter

I dunno..............a car dealer once told me had one that was only driven by a little old lady on Sundays to church too!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Pull the top off. If the spider gasket and laterals look good, go for it.
    36' x 18' 20k in ground, Finest Finish grey plaster, Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, Hayward Northstar 2hp pump, Jandy LRZ125EN heater, spill over spa, iaqualink controlled automation, Stenner chlorination, natural rock and flagstone coping, 1" glass mosaic waterline tile, SR Smith Vortex slide.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    i dunno..............a car dealer once told me had one that was only driven by a little old lady on sundays to church too!
    exactly!
    IG gunite freeform pool with attached spa, stone surround, 18,000 gallons, Pentair Tagelus TA60, Pentair Whisperflo WF-8 pump.

5. Back To Top    #5

Go take a look because it could be a good find.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).