FC 1 ppm

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I did an AA treatment little over a week ago. I had to add gallons of bleach to achieve 3 ppm. Seemed like it held for awhile.

I have a SWG running about 8-9 hours a day with a salt reading of 3800. Today I tested the water and came up with.....FC-1
CC-.5

Also my CYA is at 70.

What should I do? Shock? Run the SWG longer (it's running at 60%) bump up the %?

Not sure what I should do....

The water is crystal clear.....so you think I should add enough bleach to reach 7 ppm? Yeah I guess the SWG can't keep up.

I was wondering if the asorbic acid is still eating up my FC? Since the CC is only .5 I didn't think I needed to shock/ Slam

Taylor test kit

Lisa is correct. It's not all that uncommon to see TFP'ers augment their SWG with a little bleach from time to time. Especially if you let FC drop too low at one point. Get it back up ASAP to keep your water healthy and hope nothing tried to grow when it dropped. Are you using the Taylor K2006?

- - - Updated - - -

With crystal clear water, consider adding enough bleach to take you slightly over your normal target FC level just to give it a little boost of recovery after being low. If the water clarity changes, or something seems odd in your pool, then you can also do the OCLT.

Well I went from 6 ppm last night to 4 ppm 24 hours later. Cya of 70 and hot today high of 85 and sunny all day. Water looks crystal clear.

Do you think I need to slam? That's a lot of bleach for a cya of 70.

Could it be chlorine loss because of the hot sun or do you think I have something going on?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.