calcium hypochlorite in a sock?

plas

Jun 3, 2015
NC
This may be a crazy question, but has anyone ever put granular calcium hypochlorite in a sock for it to slow dissolve instead of using pucks? We have quite a bit left in a big bucket and don't want it to go to waste. We're going to be away for a few days and need to get chlorine in the pool daily without using pucks (CYA is around 50). We've been adding bleach daily to replenish chlorine. No SWG. Also, still trying to determine exactly how much chlorine we're losing each day. Slowly trying to grasp that you lose a percentage, not just a set number each day. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Ok. That all makes sense. We're new to TFP and trying to figure out a way to add chlorine while being away for a few days without using pucks. Better to just have someone come by and add bleach while we're gone.

Thank you all so much. Once again, this site contains a wealth of knowledge! Wish we would have found you sooner!

Ok. That all makes sense. We're new to TFP and trying to figure out a way to add chlorine while being away for a few days without using pucks. Better to just have someone come by and add bleach while we're gone.

Thank you all so much. Once again, this site contains a wealth of knowledge! Wish we would have found you sooner!
The method I used before I installed my Stenner Pump was to calculate how much would be needed every day (or 2 days if they stopped by every other) and poured the correct amount into empty bleach bottles. That way they really din't have to think about it, they just poured the contents of one bottle in slowly in front of a a return each time they came over.

The method I used before I installed my Stenner Pump was to calculate how much would be needed every day (or 2 days if they stopped by every other) and poured the correct amount into empty bleach bottles. That way they really din't have to think about it, they just poured the contents of one bottle in slowly in front of a a return each time they came over.

Yes, a tried an true method. Excellent suggestion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.