Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AquaLink One Touch rapidly cycling cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

AquaLink One Touch rapidly cycling cleaner

When I got home yesterday, my cleaner was still running - the system should have shut it off. I didn't think too much of it.
    About 2:30 this morning, I was woken up by a pump rapidly cycling on and off. Went outside first - it was the main pump. When I went back inside to the One Touch, I could see it was actually the cleaner cycling on and off, causing the main pump to come on as well - the cleaner didn't have a chance to come on pending the "safety window" with the main pump running, I think?

Anyway... I flipped the breakers, deleted the program entry for the cleaner... and that's about as far as I could think at 2:30AM. I left the breaker to the pumps off for the day, but obviously I can't leave it like that.

Suggestions???
    ~20K in-ground with attached spa; Jandy Aqualink RS with One Touch controller
    AO Smith Centurion 2HP main motor with Challenger pump - can't read model; Hayward Progrid DE4820 filter
    Magnatek 3/4HP booster pump for cleaner; Magnatex 2HP with Whisperflow pump for waterfall
    Mini Max XL 400 heater (in Houston!?!?)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AquaLink One Touch rapidly cycling cleaner

Sorry you have not gotten any quicker responses.

I am not familiar with that system, maybe someone else can help.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm having a similar issue. Were you able to find a resolution?

4. Back To Top    #4

Is the air temp sensor working and reporting correct value? I've not experienced this, but my first thought is if the freeze protect is being enabled to due a mis-reporting temperature value.