Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Vari-Flo XL Valve (Model# SP714) STUCK!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Vari-Flo XL Valve (Model# SP714) STUCK!

Hi All,

Jumped in my MN pool for the first time last night and it felt great, noticed the water was a little high so I went over to the pump/filter and turned the handle to waste, got the water level right where I want it and turned the handle back to filter, turned the pump back on and the water continued to "waste", I believe it is stuck in the waste position... should I order a new Hayward Valve Control? Or does it need a new gasket? What would you do? TIA!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24 ft R, Niagara by Asahi Pools, ABG, 13500 gallon, hayward 1hp single speed pump, swim pro sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Hayward Vari-Flo XL Valve (Model# SP714) STUCK!

Good day, You can order a complete Handle, Cover and key assembly that will just drop in SPX0714BA. Just need to take out all the screws on top and drop in new key assembly. Or you can change out the key SPX0714CA which requires removing everything for repair. The BA is easier. Here is a link to the manual
    http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manu...ve-SP0714T.pdf
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Hayward Vari-Flo XL Valve (Model# SP714) STUCK!

Thank you, I did end up taking it apart and the gasket was twisted. I took it out, lubed it up with Vaseline and put it back in for a temporary band aid fix, so I could at least get the pump filtering again. I did find some helpful pics. Thank you for the link to the manual. I was disappointed to find out I am not able to buy just the gasket and replace it. I will infact, like you said have to replace the entire top part. Bummer and more money... Ugh.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24 ft R, Niagara by Asahi Pools, ABG, 13500 gallon, hayward 1hp single speed pump, swim pro sand filter.