LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2015
"East of the River" CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I'm not exactly sure where to put this thread, but hopefully those in the know can help...

I have one skimmer but 5 returns. 2 on either side of the stairs, 1 more in the shallow end, 1 mid pool, and 1 in the deep end just opposite the skimmer. Question: What is the direction they should all be facing for optimal circulation and filtering. Below is shot of my pool. Currently they all shooting more or less straight out or down, except for the deep end. Does it matter?

20150608_1954061_zpseeb0lyfz.jpg

Your goal is to get the debris on the surface to the skimmer. The easiest thing to try, is to point them all to the left, or to the right. Try to get a clockwise or counter clockwise circulation going, to see which one makes debris go best to the skimmer. Just a guess, I would try point them all to the right and create counter clockwise first.

Yep, Yev has the right idea. Try it one way and see if stuff gets sucked into the skimmer. If not, try the other way. Counterclockwise does look like the best option to start with.

I agree with what was said above, but I'd like to comment on the jets at the stairs. I'm guessing they are actually in the sides of fiberglass stairs. If that is the case, it might be beneficial to aim one of them into the stairs. Stairs can be a dead spot for circulation sometimes and pointing a jet in will keep debris from settling on the steps.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Darn that thing called work! Don't they know you have a pool to play with! LOL Oh wait it is work that helps pay for the pool--------guess you better keep going.

I like to use ping pong balls as they are easy to buy. I use blue ones. OH and the cats love to watch them go around the pool too!

Kim

Darn that thing called work! Don't they know you have a pool to play with! LOL Oh wait it is work that helps pay for the pool--------guess you better keep going.

I like to use ping pong balls as they are easy to buy. I use blue ones. OH and the cats love to watch them go around the pool too!

Kim
I know. Right?

Well I'm just about ready to do an OCLT (Please, Pool light...Don't sabotage me!!). All I have left is to vacuum one more time. After I pass, I need to put a cleaned up ladder back in the deep end and change my sand. I honestly cannot believe we looked at the water over the last two seasons and said, "Yeah. I'll go swimming in that."

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.