Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG for a metal AGP?

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG for a metal AGP?

Hello all! I am a new pool owner and we are up and running! We are currently using the TFP method and things are going well so far. I am surprised at the amount of chlorine I am going through daily and would really like to convert to SWG next season. I have heard that if you have a metal pool you should not use salt, however I have also heard some people with metal pools have no issues at all.

Soooo was just wondering if anyone here has SWG for their metal pool. If so please let me know your experience and what system you would recommend.

Thank You Kindly!
    Nichole
    24,000 gallon, 21x43 Oval Wilbur AGP installed June 2015. 10'X24' deck. 2hp Aqua Pro Cartridge Filter. Using TFP method.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: SWG for a metal AGP?

I have not had issue with my SWG and my metal pool poles.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Are you tops ledges metal? I was reading that this was the main issue. If you have resin top ledges all is supposed to be ok.
    24,000 gallon, 21x43 Oval Wilbur AGP installed June 2015. 10'X24' deck. 2hp Aqua Pro Cartridge Filter. Using TFP method.

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I do not have ledges just the piping and poles.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

5. Back To Top    #5

If you are going through a lot of Chlorine, Check CYA levels. We had the same problem until we raised the levels.

We had the blue intex pool and it did rust some. Now we have an ultraframe and will see if the saltwater rusts it.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.