Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Re: Yellow stains in vinyl pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Torrington, CT

Re: Yellow stains in vinyl pool

My situation is similar to Steve32k. I have yellow stains all over the liner. My 16x75 38,000 gallon pool is surrounded by trees, oak, pine, and probably some ash and maple. I thought it was yellow algae and I used Yellow Out and shock per the instructions but the stains are still there. I don't have a place to go to test the water and am just using test strips. I added chemicals today and will test again tomorrow. I'm wondering if I should increase the chlorine level?
    JLeslie - 16x75 pool 38,00 gallons; Sta-rite system 3 modular media filter; electric heater

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Yellow stains in vinyl pool

Organic stains left behind by rotting leaves will slowly fade over weeks just by keeping normal chlorine levels in the water. There's nothing to speed it up that won't damage the liner. If you might have metal stains from something that fell in, test it. Get some Vitamin C tablets and set them on the stain. Check it in ten minutes. If you have a white spot wher e the tablet was, it's metals.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!