Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tmonster here, ya'll!

1. Back To Top    #1

Tmonster here, ya'll!

Hey thanks for this awesome resource. I'm in Texas and a three-year veteran of Intex above-ground pools. Started with a 15'x48" metal frame that we used for two years. The bottom liner just wasn't going to make it a third, so this year we upgraded to a 22' x 52" ultra-frame pool. I learned much the first couple of years from another forum similar to this I think, but I cannot locate it anymore. I am an avid follower of the BBB method and am always looking to educate myself further. With a bigger pool this year, I'm having to reconfigure my chemistry but it should not be a problem. Mainly I'm considering leaving this new behemoth up through the winter and came here snooping after deck/structure ideas for now.
    Love what I've seen so far!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Tmonster here, ya'll!

welcome, enjoy perusing
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

Check this deck thread. intex pool and deck build
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

That is just the kind of size and scale I had in mind. Looks great! I'm hoping to incorporate a very stable ladder or stairs that will accomodate our aging parents as well. They really want to swim with the grandkids.
    Intex 22' x 52", Sandpro 4510 filter .5 HP

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to the forum!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.