Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Conversion of ounces

1. Back To Top    #1

Conversion of ounces

Pool math says to add 38 oz of Borax to raise pH. Found an online converter that said 5 cups. Is that correct?
    Pooll - 15'x42" Intex Metal Frame above ground pool
    Filter & Pump - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679
    Pool Installed - May 30, 2015
    Test Kit - Taylor Technologies K2006
    (Please let me know if there is any other information I should add to my signature.)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Conversion of ounces

PoolMath tells you both the weight and the volume ... no idea what the converter is telling you.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

How does one go about weighing 38 ounces or measuring 38 ounces of a solid?
    Filter & Pump - Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679
    (Please let me know if there is any other information I should add to my signature.)

4. Back To Top    #4

Solids and liquids are easy. Measuring cups. You probably ought to get one just for the pool. http://www.target.com/p/oxo-angled-m...d_viewed|pdpv1

Weight is also easy if you have a kitchen scale. Doesn't anyone diet around your house?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

The box is 76 oz so I added poured in about half of it. Should I have the filter running?

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by rdowns67 View Post
    The box is 76 oz so I added poured in about half of it. Should I have the filter running?
    Always have the filter running when you add chemicals. You want them to disperse as fast as possible. Specifics on how to add different things are in Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you richard320!!!

8. Back To Top    #8

If you hover the mouse over the volume cell it will tell you in standard quantities (gallons, quarts, cups, oz.) how much to add.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit