Hayward H400 IF, What I did today and it still isn't working.

RJL

Jun 8, 2015
Manahawkin, NJ
Ok, this may be a bit long but I just want to describe everything. A few days ago the pump motor was leaking that goes into the skimmer basket before the filter and heater. I took the motor off and had all of the seals replaced and I put on new gaskets as well. The heater was working great at this point. I go to fire up the Heater after replacing the pump motor and gaskets and get the IF code. Have had it happen before and just needed to clean the orifices over the years. The pool and heater were installed in 2004 or 2005. So today I pulled the gas manifold off as well as all eight orifices and gave everything a good cleaning. I then took out all burners and cleaned them up with some compressed air. Put everything back to together and am getting the gas sound but no igniter sound. I picked up a new igniter and am now getting the gas "whoosh" and the igniter is clicking. I see flame on the bottom of the unit with the panel removed. Goes off after 4 or 5 seconds, cycles 3 times and throws the IF code. What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Bob

Either the soldered contacts on the board where the ignitor is plugged into or the board itself is bad. Seeing you already replaced the ignitor, that would be the next steps to take.

Only way I know is if the module you plug it into wiggles. If no wiggle, then I would say it's soldered good and then you are looking at replacing the board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.