getting ready to get a new pool

Apr 26, 2015
Rocky Point, NC
Well the kids and wife have convinced me to retire our 8 year old 16x48 intex. We are going to go with a 26x52. I have an idea for the new pools placement. I am planning on making a 28x28 square from 4x4 treated. Making sure all sides are level, then fill in with paver sand and compact it with a plate compactor. Will this paver sand make a good enough base for the pool? Just an idea, what say y'all?

We are in the process of upgrading from an 18' to the 26'. We are moving it to a sunnier location, on the edge of a field. We decided to out 5 ton of modified 2A rock something or other, ha, down before the sand. My husband is going to tamp it down as soon as this rainy spell is over. I Also got a pad, similar to a Gorilla pad, to put down. Along with some concrete pavers under the posts. Hoping to have the pool for a long time!

Keep in mind, the sand washes away more easily than rocks or undisturbed dirt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.