What would this cost to build?

Apr 9, 2013
2974efb1b69ec6badf716c0278f9452a.jpg

Area at top converts to hot tub, it normally waterfalls out the front but in hot tub mode the water level drops and hot water jets in. It's all automated. South Florida construction. Pools around 24x16. 3 feet at the edges 5 feet in the center

b9dffbb7d6753dc5813d768a90437b50.jpg

In so cal, if you did it as owner build I think this would be reasonable, and this is just very rough estimates. I recently finished an OB build, some would probably be cheaper, some might be more.

Heater, pump, filter, panel, swg, lights, misc - maybe 5k (really depends on what you choose)

The plumbing and gas would run 3-4k

Electric 1k

Steel approx 1500

Shotcrete approx 5k

tile 2k (although looks like a double waterline? so maybe double it)

Coping 3k (and double it, for that style above) *note, I realize travertine is cheaper in your neck of the woods, so I'm just ball parking the price on that, I could be off.

Looks like pebbletec plaster - approx 5k

Deck - I'm guessing maybe 6 per ft if you can find someone reasonable. Travertine is pretty cheap (comparatively speaking), in So FL. I paid 3.50 per ft and about 2.50 for install for 1300 sq ft, I bet you can find it for a decent price without a ton of trouble since it's so common in your region.

Thanks for the numbers, I'm thinking more of a "hey I want this, build it for me" though. $50k cover it?

Depends on the deck size. If you go double coping and double waterline tile, pebbletec, with a decent size amount of travertine for the deck, I don't see it for 50k from a poolbuilder, but I have no experience in your region, hopefully someone chimes in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is just too much variation form region to region to give you a fair comparison cost, in some areas that may be a $50,000 pool in others it may be $130,000. My guess and that is all it is would be in the $75,000 range for south Florida

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.