Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Has anyone used the Intex robot

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

Has anyone used the Intex robot

Has anyone used one of these?

Amazon.com : Intex Auto Pool Cleaner : Swimming Pool Suction Cleaners : Patio, Lawn Garden

I understand it just stirs up debris for your skimmer to capture rather than sucking it up itself. But that's all I really need. I just get some fine silt on the bottom that I end up vacuuming almost daily.

I'm thinking for under $100, this might be worth a try. My only concern is that I'll have to replace my Hayward eyeball with the stock Intex one again in order to hook this up. Or fashion a new tee adapter on the return side with a ball valve to switch it over.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Has anyone used the Intex robot

I have one and it does pick up stuff. I used it durning my SLAM. There is a pic in the my Slam process link that shows how much it can pick up. It does not go on the suction side. It works off of the return side pressure. As long as you have good pressure it works great.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I'll check out your SLAM thread, thanks! The Amazon reviews are pretty good. I'll think I'll order one.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by jeffchap View Post
    I'll check out your SLAM thread, thanks! The Amazon reviews are pretty good. I'll think I'll order one.
    For the price you cannot really beat it. It will get caught on the ladder, so I pulled mine out when I used it.
    Lisa
    Intex AG vinyl 15' x 48" 4,300 gallons due to skimmer install, Krystal Clear SF pump combo 2800 GPH, Krystal Clear SWG, Pool Blaster Max vacuum, Hayward thru the wall skimmer, TF 100 test kit with speed stir, K 1766 Taylor salt test, My SLAM Process