Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Install

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Install

Was hoping to get some feedback on a new pump install. My service company installed it today, the height profile is a bit lower than the old pool pump. Instead of cutting some of the pvc piping to fit they just raised the new pump with some wooden boards. I guess I'm a bit concerned that these will just rot away and i'll be left with a sagging pump. Is this something I should ask them to come back out and correct or am I being too picky here? IMG_0447.jpg
    Thanks
    1) 15000 Gallons Gunite
    2) Sand
    3) In Ground
    4) Pentair Intelliflo VS
    5) SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump Install

I would suggest getting a rubber antivibration pad and sliding it under the pump in place of those boards.

p.s. if you have a Tractor Supply nearby you can get a half size horse stall mat that you can cut down and fit under the pump for about $25, I have one that I put under my standby generator to reduce vibration noise
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, that is pretty shoddy.
    It would have been a lot more work to lower the pipes, but they could have done better than some boards.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Ya I think I'm going to ask them to lower the piping. It's 4 pipes that need to be cut and lowered but for the price I paid to get this thing installed a few pieces of wood won't cut it. Hopefully they're cool with it.
    1) 15000 Gallons Gunite
    2) Sand
    3) In Ground
    4) Pentair Intelliflo VS
    5) SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Personally, I think I would leave it and use the rubber mat to isolate the pump and make it quieter.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the feedback. Was thinking it would be better to lower the piping but based on your and Isaac's response the vibration mat may be a better solution. Hopefully can find one the right thickness.
    1) 15000 Gallons Gunite
    2) Sand
    3) In Ground
    4) Pentair Intelliflo VS
    5) SWG