How "clear" is clear? Lets compare clear water

Yev

Jul 29, 2014
Independence, KY
If you are using the TFPC properly, and have very clear water, I am curious as how my clear water compares to everyone elses water. I have read various commented from the experts in this forum, but wanted to reach out to everyone to see how they define clear water.

I think it might have been Richard that said that he could drop a quarter in the deep end and read heads or tails. Anyone have an opinion of what the clear standard should be?

Doesn't depend on your filtration at all. A properly chlorinated and balanced pool will clear up whether it has a sand, de, or cartridge. The only thing those determine is the speed it will clear up if there is a problem.

I say if you have a calm day, your pump is not on, and you walk by and have to do a double take because you at first think your water all drained out.

Im with woody and Donaldson.

on a calm night with pump off and pool light on, you will be hard pressed to believe there is any water in the pool at all.
I can easily tell if my quarter is heads or tails. I can also read the date on it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pics of my water in my build link in sig. The uninitiated always say wow, how can your water be that clear. The repeat visitors always say how much they love swimming in our pool over other pools. Their kids leave the goggles at home.

What is most awesome of all is that my pool has been this clear since day one and it is that clear every day. Pics in my build thread are spread out over a few years.

Im with woody and Donaldson.

on a calm night with pump off and pool light on, you will be hard pressed to believe there is any water in the pool at all.
I can easily tell if my quarter is heads or tails. I can also read the date on it.

You must have some good eyes. :mrgreen:

I agree with the heads/tails/screw head descriptions. If you can see that in daylight it's plenty good enough for me.

11145192_1007102425975562_2674184458981213286_n.jpg

From the opposite perspective, I know mine is not clear when I look and then I bend closer and look again. If I say, that's clear and I walk away, I know everything is balanced and perfect.

I'm new to pools and this forum. It took me a couple weeks to get my numbers right and I can see a big difference. The pool has always been clear but getting the pool to tfp specs its crystal clear.

For me to notice how clear it really is, I like to put goggles on and look across the pool from under the water.

I also noticed a huge difference when the pool was dirty. Lots of floaties under water. Dropped the aquabot rover jr in and opened the bottom drains. After it was amazingly clear. That was one of my first realizations about how clear the pool really is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.