Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: QBall

1. Back To Top    #1

QBall

Hey Gang,
    Found y'all while searching for info on pool maintenance. My wife came home from Wally World the other day and said "I got the kids something but you have to put it together". I look in the back of the Tahoe and find a Coleman 16' x 48" pool. I seem to remember a discussion where we talked about getting a cheaper pool. Apparently, we have differing definitions of "cheap".

I got the pool set up and filled yesterday, and realized that I'll need to implement a treatment plan. We live in the country and are on well water. I have the TF-100 kit in my cart, but was curious what I should add with that to get the free shipping since I only need to spend a few more bucks.

Anyway, glad I found this place, and I appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance...Q

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: QBall

Welcome to TFP!

I would add a speedstir if you're asking me. Good to have you aboard, and enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

The XL option will do it. That is the one reagent that is virtually impossible to find in stock locally anywhere. The others are easy if you suddenly run out.

And nobody who has a speedstir regrets it. Ask for it for Father's Day.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I like what someone said earlier in a post from Breaking Bad .... "With the speed stir, you will be the Heisenberg of pool maintenance".
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks so much for the guidance. Pool Picture.jpg

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks like they had the hard part of the pool installation.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP! A few resources to give you an overview of our methods:

1. ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
    2. Chlorine CYA Chart
    3. Recommended Pool Chemicals
    4. Recommended Levels
    5. Pool Math
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.