Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going in vacation for 20 days

1. Back To Top    #1

Going in vacation for 20 days

Hi all,

I am going in vacation for 20 days and I have some questions regarding the pool.

I have SWG and it works awesome. I also have rising PH as you can tell. I have no one that I can trust to mesure the PH and adding acid every other day

I don't want to het the PH crazy high and damage the cell. I was thinking of turning it off and put chlorine pucks in a float and have someone just add pucks every few days. My FC is 7, CYA is 70 and PH as of today is 7.6 /was 7.5 yesterday/.

So is it a good idea described above or there is something better I can do?

Thanks
    12000 gallons inground pool with spa, Pentair VS pump, Easytouch 4, Intellichlor 40, Pentair Clean & Clear CC420 cartridge filter, solar panels, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going in vacation for 20 days

how high will your pH go?? are your jets disturbing the surface? if so, I would aim them all down to minimize surface agitation. you cant have someone go and add a pre-determined about of acid a few times?
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

3. Back To Top    #3

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Jets are turned down but have spillway from the spa to keep water balance 2 hours a day

The PH goes above the max on the test kit in just few days
    12000 gallons inground pool with spa, Pentair VS pump, Easytouch 4, Intellichlor 40, Pentair Clean & Clear CC420 cartridge filter, solar panels, TF-100