Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqualink RS6 Pool/Spa Control Button Turning On Randomly

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqualink RS6 Pool/Spa Control Button Turning On Randomly

Hi- I have Aqualink RS6 Pool/Spa Control. I just moved 2 weeks back and don't know much about the pool/spa control.

Since last week I am having issue with Spa light turning on automatically. It is very sporadic and spa light turn's on at any time. Also yesterday my filter turn on in the night (even tough it is set during day time).

Can someone please help with why button's are turning on at random time?

Thanks,
    Akhil
    Year built: 2000, 16,000 Gallon, In Ground Pebble pool- 90' perimeter/19'*35'(W*L), Pentair Pool filter, 200 sq.ft. cartridge filter, Jandy energy filter, Polaris 360 pool Cleaner, Clear Vision natural water purifier : Model XG, Century centurion pump motor (HP 2.0, Hz: 60, Type: CX), Jandy valve (JVA 2440), Pool heating- Delta family (120V, 60Hz, 3 amps), Aqualink RS6 pool/spa control

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aqualink RS6 Pool/Spa Control Button Turning On Randomly

Hi AK. Does your spa have a remote in the spa? If it does, that's the problem. Either moisture has gotten into the switch or it is shorting out due to wire damage. Either one of these 2 scenarios will cause any of the 4 programmed buttens to turn randomly turn on and off. It's strange, but can be costly if it turns the heater on!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for your reply. There is no remote. Do you know what can I do to fix it? Today the air filter and spa are turning on in every 30 minutes
    Year built: 2000, 16,000 Gallon, In Ground Pebble pool- 90' perimeter/19'*35'(W*L), Pentair Pool filter, 200 sq.ft. cartridge filter, Jandy energy filter, Polaris 360 pool Cleaner, Clear Vision natural water purifier : Model XG, Century centurion pump motor (HP 2.0, Hz: 60, Type: CX), Jandy valve (JVA 2440), Pool heating- Delta family (120V, 60Hz, 3 amps), Aqualink RS6 pool/spa control

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

If you have no remote at all connected, then it sounds like the PCB board is having issues. A possible replacement is in your future more than likely. Have you tried a power reset on the system? You checked the programming to make sure it's still accurate?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks. Programming is correct as I didn't changed it. I will try resetting it but I do not see any option for power reset. Can you please suggest any power eset with Aqualink RS6?

6. Back To Top    #6

Just figured out that here is a white color 4 button remote. Can someone tell me how can I unplug connector from the board?

7. Back To Top    #7

In the Industry

You should be able to disable through the control panel:
    wake up unit.
    push down arrow to highlight "menu", push select.
    scroll to "lockouts", select.
    scroll to "spa switch", select.
    scroll to "lock", select.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

8. Back To Top    #8

Did anyone figure out a fix? I have this same system and the system is randomly turning the heater and filter on in the middle of the night. Also, I try and manually turn the heater on at the heater and it says there is a ignition failure on my LXI heater.