Help with chlorine types

Jan 25, 2009
Split by moderator from HERE. jblizzle

can "granular chlorine" (sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione) be used in the system either as a substitute for dichlor or bleach? what would be the disadvantage? I am draining my hot tub now (has been a headache for the first 6 months, found this site and am hopeful), and have granular chlorine at home (spa store sold it to me) but no dichlor. also, if I really need dichlor, is their an "everyday" store that i could get it tonight? ie walmart, lowes, etc. . .

thanks

Re: How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

port 13 said:
can "granular chlorine" (sodium dichloro-s-triazinetrione) be used in the system either as a substitute for dichlor or bleach? what would be the disadvantage? I am draining my hot tub now (has been a headache for the first 6 months, found this site and am hopeful), and have granular chlorine at home (spa store sold it to me) but no dichlor. also, if I really need dichlor, is their an "everyday" store that i could get it tonight? ie walmart, lowes, etc. . .

thanks

Good news. That's Dichlor you've got there. :goodjob:

Re: How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

Yes, dichlor will add CYA to your water. The amount required to get to 20-30ppm will depend on the volume of your spa. Or you can watch your FC levels as described in this thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.