Chlorinator Confusion

Hey Everyone, New to this website . This is my first forum post. I am currently using two floating feeders and want to get a chlorine feeder. I am interested in hearing from other pool owners about what they use. What are the differences between in line and offline ect. I have been looking around on line and I am thoroughly confused. What is your opinion? Thanks in advance

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I just want to first point out that exclusive use of trichlor pucks is generally not recommended by TFP except in rare situations, due to the side effects that they cause. As such, you may not find many people to offer hands on advice.

Although your location may actually make such maintenance possible given the short season, and having to partially drain for the winter.

It is very important that you track your CYA level and adjust the FC as required to maintain adequate FC based on the FC/CYA Chart.

Have you discovered Pool School yet? Start with these:
ABCs of Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool

Welcome to the Forum

You won't find many people that use chlorine feeders on this web forum. The methods taught on this forum consist of daily water testing using one of the recommended test kits and the addtion of simple household chemicals. We use ordinary household bleach to chlorinate our pools. The only time we really advocate the use of pucks is to make small increases in CYA levels, or if you are going to be away on vacation for a few days and can't be home to use bleach.

Welcome to TFP!

I use a SWG (saltwater chlorine generator) to provide most of my chlorine and supplement it with 8.25% bleach from the grocery store.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.