If CYA is between 30 & 40 so maybe 35?

marianegs

Bronze Supporter
Jul 8, 2014
NJ
Since my CYA is between 30 & 40, I have been keeping my target Chlorine at 5. BUT then it seems to need chlorine every other day, chlorine will go down till about a 3 on the second day. Is there any problem doing it this way? I check the chlorine ever day, so I am not going lower. So just wanted to make sure that it is ok to "aim high" with the chlorine.

I can't really improve on Dave's advice. I only want to add that you should always round up your CYA measurement to the 10s. Even if it goes almost all the way up to 30, if it doesn't hit the 30 line call your CYA 40. As Dave said, there is far more risk from running low than running a little high.

CYA isn't that accurate of a test, so to try and figure out between the two is just trying to apply more precision than available. just round up to 40 and base your FC on that.

I keep my FC a little above the target amount, a few ppm isn't going to hurt anything

Great thanks! Yes my water is crystal clear, and everyone is asking me, because I a first time pool owner if I am having trouble, told them all about TFP and I think I may have "recruited" a few people.. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.