Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going from Summer Escape RP600 to Intex Sand Pump/Filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Sugar Land

Going from Summer Escape RP600 to Intex Sand Pump/Filter

Hi All -

Newbie here . Have been reading forums with lots of interest and believe I've picked up the relevant info but want to confirm here.

Basically I have a Summer Escapes Freestanding/Easy Set (not pro series) 12' x 30" pool. Like most others I've found that the included RP600 pump/filter system is woefully inadequate. Therefore I want to upgrade to something like an Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter pump either 1200gph or 2100gph.

This SE pool does not have the skimmer setup - it has the suction fitting / thru wall intake.

So my main question - can I change from the RP600 to this Intex Sand Filter setup? I want to avoid hole cutting and I believe I just need hose adapter fittings - I see some people keep the original filter/pump in place (obviously not using it) to avoid some connection problems?

Thanks in advance,

Houston, TX

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Going from Summer Escape RP600 to Intex Sand Pump/Filter

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry you have not gotten any quicker responses.

I am not familiar with the various systems on these pools. I am sure you can use an Intex pump/filter with that pool, but I am not sure if you can do so with cutting. Maybe someone else can help.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Rockport tx

Re: Going from Summer Escape RP600 to Intex Sand Pump/Filter

Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but I chose to cut and not adapt. People go either way but if you have the tools I suggest cutting. The link in my signature has a lot of help full info. A lot of youtube videos for cutting and adapting exist but I only have the links saved for the method I chose. Hope this helps a little

How to convert a summer escapes pro-series pool to larger intex 2500 gal pump - YouTube

Converting the Summer Escapes Pool Filter to Intex Filteration - YouTube
    Round Frame Pool 15' x 42" (app. 3800 gallons) converted to Krystal Clear 2800 GPH .75 HP (conversion thread Here all the links/info you will need are within), TF100 Test Kit with speed stirrer. My first SLAM