New pool build

The fence looks great! Do you know how they installed the anchors?
When I enquired about the fence, the guy said it is not recommended to be installed in travertine, because travertine is set in sand. He said that anchors work best in concrete OR have the travertine crew lay concrete under the few travertine tiles that have the anchors.

Your absolutely right however my builder had no interest in doing the fence the right way. I told builder that the fence manufacturer told me directly to not install the way builder was planning to and he ignored my concernes and reassured me it would be fine. Had I researched sooner, I never would have let them install it the way they did. I'd be embarrassed to have my company cut corners like them. My pavers are over sand and they set plastic anchors less than a foot deep. Time will tell what happens. I have my concerns and builders reassurance in writing so If I have problems in the future they'll be fixing it or paying for someone else to. I hope I don't sound like someone who can't be pleased. I simply hold my work to a higher standard. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

Your absolutely right however my builder had no interest in doing the fence the right way. I told builder that the fence manufacturer told me directly to not install the way builder was planning to and he ignored my concernes and reassured me it would be fine. Had I researched sooner, I never would have let them install it the way they did. I'd be embarrassed to have my company cut corners like them. My pavers are over sand and they set plastic anchors less than a foot deep. Time will tell what happens. I have my concerns and builders reassurance in writing so If I have problems in the future they'll be fixing it or paying for someone else to. I hope I don't sound like someone who can't be pleased. I simply hold my work to a higher standard. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

If they are guaranteeing the work, you should be OK :) ..

Putting plastic anchors will cause the travertine to shift, maybe come out ... or sometimes even crack if enough pressure is put on the 'poles'. You can suggest to the PB that they remove just the single travertine pieces that have holes in them --- put in 6 inches of concrete --- lay the travertine back --- stick the anchor so that it sets in the wet concrete.

This should give you a solid foundation and it is probably not much work for the PB either.

If they are guaranteeing the work, you should be OK :) ..

Putting plastic anchors will cause the travertine to shift, maybe come out ... or sometimes even crack if enough pressure is put on the 'poles'. You can suggest to the PB that they remove just the single travertine pieces that have holes in them --- put in 6 inches of concrete --- lay the travertine back --- stick the anchor so that it sets in the wet concrete.

This should give you a solid foundation and it is probably not much work for the PB either.
If he wasn't willing to do it the right way from the start, I doubt he would be willing now. If it becomes a problem, I will address it.

Signature
Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
What kind/model of water test kit you are using
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner
Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions

Please keep your signature to 5 lines or shorter. Everything above can be stated quit compactly. For example:
19K gal, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot

Information in your signature will show up each time you post. This helps the people answering your questions by providing the basic information that affects nearly all of our recommendations.

To change your profile and/or signature, select "Settings" (top right under Pool School button). Scroll down (left side) to "My Settings" & select Edit Profile or Edit Signature.

This might work. I am not sure. If not let us know and someone else may have another way.

kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Signature
Please put the following information in your signature.

The size of your pool in gallons
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the brand and model of the filter.
If you know, please tell us the brand and model of the pump, and mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old.
What kind/model of water test kit you are using
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner
Please mention if you fill the pool from a well or are currently on water restrictions

Please keep your signature to 5 lines or shorter. Everything above can be stated quit compactly. For example:
19K gal, IG vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot

Information in your signature will show up each time you post. This helps the people answering your questions by providing the basic information that affects nearly all of our recommendations.

To change your profile and/or signature, select "Settings" (top right under Pool School button). Scroll down (left side) to "My Settings" & select Edit Profile or Edit Signature.

This might work. I am not sure. If not let us know and someone else may have another way.

kim
Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Sig test

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.