Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New pool build

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build

Hey I'm new on the forum. I love looking through all the pool builds so much, I figured you guys might like to see mine. It's a small free form around 80 linear feet. 12x7 sun shelf with bubbler and umbrella sleeve. 3 1/2 to 5ft deep. Jandy equip including LED light. 600 sq ft of travertine decking. Pebble sheen blue granite finish. That's about it. Pretty simple pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: New pool build

Can't wait to see some pics!
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm trying to figure that out now

4. Back To Top    #4

Congrats on your pool. Post pics when you can.
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

5. Back To Top    #5

When they started to tear up my beloved yard
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Back To Top    #6

How do I clear "previously uploaded" attachments? I can only attach 2 pics at a time...

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

good question. Personally I suggest you use a photo hosting website like photobucket. It gives you greater control over your pics and is less hassle in the long run IMO.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

8. Back To Top    #8

9. Back To Top    #9

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

10. Back To Top    #10

11. Back To Top    #11

The builder wanted to lay the travertine over the old base for the old pavers. Looked like 4" of gravel and sand. I thought if I'm paying for a new patio, I should get a new proper base too. Besides, the old patio had lots of low spots and uneven edges. In case he got any ideas while I'm at work, I went ahead and broke up the old base so he wouldn't have a choice but to start over. K.H, if your reading this, my patio and grading better be spot on!

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have travertine in South Florida or similar climate? What base did they put down? My builder said they will compact existing soil and only add 1"of sand on top. Everything I read recommends 4-6" of compacted gravel underneath the sand....

12. Back To Top    #12

Looks like it's coming along. Should be very nice once completed.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

13. Back To Top    #13

The only real progress in the last week has been backfill done today...

14. Back To Top    #14

It is all progress!
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

15. Back To Top    #15

So, there has been a little progress since my last post. They got the pool plumbed. I got a call at work that day from construction manager asking where the meter was. They hit my water line which I actually moved (what was said to be) out of their way �� ��. Funny part was, the meter box was under a dirt pile they had in the back yard. It made me grin listenng to the manager try to figure out how to shut water off. No biggie though. They also broke some irrigation. I ended up doing pipe work in the dark that night, thinking they would be back next day to backfill plumbing after inspection. Not the case but better safe than sorry. You just never know when they'll show up to work ��. Anyways, they also got waterline tile in and marker tiles for the bench and shelf. Somehow, they ended up installing brown turtles on the shelf when I ordered green. No problem. Manager admitted fault and will replace. The marker tiles were last minute. My 6 year old LOVES turtles. The bench needed marker tiles anyways per code and I was surprised how cheap it was to upgrade to the fish/starfish. No brainer for the kiddies. Travertine "is getting delivered Monday". All in all, I'm pretty happy so far. Only complaints are
    Wrong color turtles
    Broken water lines
    Unexpected death of 1/2 of FRONT yard ��
    Guys leavng a $600 light floating in muck water. Really no big deal but come on really?
    Here is a few pics

- - - Updated - - -

16. Back To Top    #16

TFP Guide

The turtles are going to look great! I love them as markers. What color plaster or pebble finish will you be using? Take care. Suz.

- - - Updated - - -

Your update came in after I hit send. The fish and starfish are awesome! I can't tell from the pictures. Are they replacing the brown turtles or on a bench or step out?
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

17. Back To Top    #17

Blue Granite but I keep asking myself if Aqua Blue is maybe the right choice. Our pool is fairly shallow and I'm not sure Blue Granite will provide the color I'm looking for. Something tells me I will be happy with whatever I end up with. The starfish/fish are on the deep end bench

18. Back To Top    #18

TFP Guide

I'm the last person to give advice on a pebble product - just look at my threads!! Everyday I chose a different color or went back and forth.

My first choices were Blue Granite, Aqua Blue, and French Grey. Then the new color in the Sheen line came out - Blue Surf. Have you seen the thread on that? It's supposed to be between Aqua Blue and Blue Granite.

All I can say is good luck! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

19. Back To Top    #19

Yes, I saw the smurf thread

20. Back To Top    #20

good to see another florida build. Looks good. I wish i would have went with a bigger shelf

They will be doing my time in a couple of days. When did you start the project?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast