Spa Chemicals

Jun 1, 2014
Monterey Tn
I just tested the water in my spa and if I read correctly all you test is the CH-PH-TA. (not sure if I read right)
Anyway here are my readings
Ch 10 should be 100
PH 7.6 anywhere between 7.4/7.6
Ta 40 should be 50
I did try to check the FC but I get nothing, the water is clear, does not turn color at all. What am I doing wrong. We have Sanitized the Pool and thought I was doing good.

Yes, you can test it with your pool test stuff. Maintenance is a little different. Here is a link to how I have maintained my hot tub for the 18 months that I have had it. I am very happy with this method. I don't actually do the dichlor part, I just add CYA and go straight to bleach because I have CYA and I don't have any pucks. You need to add CYA and get a borate test so you can test and add borates.

How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?

wow I am just not sure that I can do this. Its hard enough with the pool now trying to figure out the spa too, just don't know. If I am reading right I am just to check the CH-PH AND TA in the spa but I don't understand the CYA. Getting to old to figure this out, sorry to be so much trouble to you all. MY brain has just about given up on me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The CYA target for the spa is around 30-40 ppm. You can either add that with pure CYA after a refill of spa water or you can start out using Dichlor until you build up to that CYA level (after cumulatively adding around 33-44 ppm FC) and then switch to using bleach.

The spa is more work initially to set up after a refill, but after that it's pretty simple just adding chlorine after each soak and if you don't soak every day or two then in between soaks as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.