First SLAM done - things learned and thanks

QQQ

Mar 9, 2015
Missoula/MT
It is forcast to be over 90 tomorrow. Fortunatly, my pool is crazy clear and everything seems to be good. While all my observations have already been said, you just don't really understand until you do your first SLAM. My pool was clean and clear but eating chlorine. Something was wrong but it wasn't obvious what was causing this. Really at the end of the day it doesn't matter as long as you pass your SLAM. Anyway - thoughts.

1) You will need more chlorine than you think.
2) Post your numbers and questions. Forum members are very helpful and are correct.
3) Don 't end too soon. You may have to start over. (a helpful member encouraged me to extend just a bit when I wanted to swim...)

Thank you everyone.

QQQ

I hope that is true! Here in Missoula, because the pool is closed and winterized for so long, I could have the same problem when opening. I had the same problem last year and I did what the pool store advised. Which was a double ton of tri-chlor. I believe this bumped up my cya level (I think it was 200 last year) which caused other problems, possibly including the chlorine eating issue this year. Anyway, hopefully this is my last SLAM becuase my CYA will be lower and not degrading over the winter and early spring to amonia.

Pool issues become "clear" when viewed through the lenses of TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.