Conversion

lucasm

Jun 8, 2015
Nashua NH
I have been working on converting my above ground pool from Baquacil to chlorine for almost 3 weeks. Very discouraging so far. I am putting in 1/2 gallon of liquid shock daily only to see the water turn clear green PH is good as is total alk. The main problem is that my filter gets clogged easily after I put in the shock. I have been changing DE every other day. I have to run home from work each morning to make sure I am getting some kind of flow from my return. How long should this take? Baquacil readings are 0.

Welcome! :wave: Since you appear to be new to TFP, have you seen the following link? Pool School - Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine

Also, it wouldn't hurt to post some test results. If you haven't done so already, make sure you get one of the recommended test kits (i.e. TF-100 below) as well. An absolute “must” to obtain the proper chemical readings needed.

Again, welcome!

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

You are not using a sufficient quantity of chlorine. You need to raise the FC level to 15 and hold it there until all the Baqua residual in the water has been oxidized. For your pool, going from 0 to 15 FC would be almost 1 and 1/2 gallons of 10% shock. You have to get the numbers up and hold them there. The more times a day you can test and apply more chlorine to get it back to 15 the better.

Check out this article: Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.