dschlic1

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 5, 2007
Valrico, FL
It doesn't rain but pours. Been on vacation for a week, so pool without maintenance for two weeks. Now both the pump bearings AND the SWG cell are bad. Will pull the pump this afternoon to start to change the bearings. However I would like some advise or testimonies on a replacement Hayward T-15 cell. The current cell has lasted 7 1/2 years so no complaints there. I want to replace the cell with a good solid unit. In that regard I am looking at three alternatives for which I would like to know any personal experiences.

1. Replacement OEM Hayward T-15 cell with prorated 3 year warranty

2. Aftermarket high end replacement cell from Titanium Power Cells (Pool Express)
http://www.titaniumcells.com/ 3 year non prorated warranty 50% longer life

3. The new T-15LL from Hayward. This is actually more than 50% more expensive than option 1 so may not be a good deal.

Or any other recommendations.

Double check the prorated OEM warranty, I believe most of the OEM cells now have 3 year full warranties. My warranty was written as 3 years and no mention of being prorated in any of the literature. If you have found something from Hayward that lists their warranty policy being prorated please post where we can find it.

I think your most important testimony is yours, "7 1/2 years so no complaints".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.