Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy from Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Howdy from Texas

Howdy,

Jtburf here from the Lone Star State, our first pool was installed Saturday 6/6/15.

Not the largest in the world, however for the boss lady and myself it should scratch our itch for several years to come.

Our deck should be installed Tuesday of this week, floated all day Sunday and loving it already.

I had plumbed it, did not like the cheapo hoses.20150606_082951.jpg20150606_111240.jpg20150607_102904.jpg
    AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Howdy from Texas

Howdy Houston from next door in San Antonio! Glad to have you with us. Great things come in small packages, so enjoy your new watering hole. Make sure you take a moment to read some of the our most common and vital links below in my sig to keep you ahead of the game with clear water. Also, if you haven't done so already, make sure you get one of the recommended test kits (i.e. TF-100 below) as well. The proper test kit is everything. Why? Because we've all learned (from personal experience) you cannot reply on pool store tests, test strips, or simple over-the-counter kits. They don't read Free Chlorine (FC) or Cyanuric Acid (CYA) levels accurately or to the high levels we need. If you have any questions, just ask. Have a great Texas day.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the welcome,

Ordered the TF-100 this morning, another member FreedBaby told me about this site so I have been reading up.

John

4. Back To Top    #4

wow, you got some serious pumps/filters on that pool. bravo. post results once you get the TF-100, until then keep your FC up.
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

welcome to the forum, from the other side of the great state.
    IG gunite/plaster pool/spa Started 1/17/14, Plastered 5/16/14
    Size: 12'-21'x39' free form, depth ranging from 4' to 7, attached 6 person spa with spillover.
    Equipment: Whisperflo 2hp pump, Pentair 30" sand filter, Pentair Mastertemp 400k BTU heater, 1hp Whisperflo for waterfalls, and a blower for spa floor

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome JT! Looks like your yard avoided the floods down there!

I hope your pool keeps you cool all summer.
    20,000 gallon IG gunnite pool. Hayward DE filter. built 2004. more info to come.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks all,

Yes we did get 14" over the past 30 days however I am on the high side of Houston and my yard drains well.

That pump has you in a float making laps around the pool!

John

8. Back To Top    #8

Howdy John,
    Good choice on going with some decent plumbing. It looks nice and neat, as it should be, in the pic. Those cheapo hoses can go south at the worst times.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!