Transform a water tank into a "pool"

A typical pool looses about 2 ppm per day of FC, 3 ppm is on the high side, usually a sign that something may be starting to try to grow, but for safety sake lets use 3 ppm per day as your FC consumption.

Pool math tells us that for your pool this would be about 54 grams of chlorine gas for a 3 ppm rise or 36 grams to make up for a more typical 2 ppm per day loss.

The above mentioned 12 gram per hour intex SWG would need 3 hours of run time to produce a 2 ppm rise in the pool, which fits fairly nicely in the 3-4 hour per day required runtime for filtration. This may mean needing to run the pump longer than the runtime on the SWG.

Alternatively you could get the 5 gram per hour SWG and plan on 6-7 hours of pump runtime per day, which will likely give you excessive filtration to reach your FC daily goal. Either way works although running the larger SWG fewer hours per day will likely extend its useful life.

That looks like it's made out of cement or big blocks of cement ? Anyway to smooth it out prior to applying any coating. Seems like a ton of little nooks and crannies where algee could build up if not maintain properly. You'd have to be right on top of chemical maintaince.

Good luck :D

That looks like it's made out of cement or big blocks of cement ? Anyway to smooth it out prior to applying any coating. Seems like a ton of little nooks and crannies where algee could build up if not maintain properly. You'd have to be right on top of chemical maintaince.

Good luck :D

First I'll clean the stone with a "water jet", should I add any chemical to this process?

Then I'll apply a plaster layer to smooth the surface and on top of it this product http://www.diera.pt/?cod=368&s=5&ss=14&cat=12&subcat=49&pag=1 (sorry to not have a english version of it) but it is proper for water reservoir.

At 18000 liters or 4755 gallons you will be good

with this filter http://www.swimpools.eu/article.php?query=28648gs|29058|zwd1007

and this SWG Swimpools.eu for Intex and Bestway swimmingpools

You should be able to keep enough chlorine in there to keep it clear :) You will need to get it dialed in to figure out exactly how long to run it..

I saw the following pump+filter in Spain what in case of any problem will be cheaper to use the warranty Depuradora Arena D.500 + Bomba 550W Gre. FS500 do you think it is ok to buy it instead of the INTEX one you recommend, they are very similar, both are 8000l/h but the GRE one needs 90kg of sand, is that too much or it is ok?

Some update, it isn't the most updated photo because it already have the skimmer, return and also the first layer of cement and as soon as I got some sun days I'll apply the isolation layer.

During the next days I'll also order the filter+pump if I can decide on it :s

Can I start using cloro and after some months buy a Intex krystal clear chlorinator and use it instead?

FYuLCkT.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
finallyyyy I have my pool fill with water :) Today with 41 deg Celsius I spend most of the time inside it :D

I fill it a week ago however I got a problem with the pipes and only yesterday I started the pump :s I have programmed the pump to work between 8am to 9am and 4pm to 5pm.

On the first day the pH was a little high however after a week it looks ok. I'm using this Chlorine Cloro - PS 4 EFEITOS 4KG - Leroy Merlin

Thank you all :D the journey just started ;)

Wdap6ky.jpg

poB4B4n.jpg

For the OCLT and SLAM you would need an FAS/DPD chlorine test. It tests FC up to 50 ppm in 0.2 or 0.5 ppm increments depending on sample size. We recommend Taylor test products. The Taylor K-2006 is the recommended test kit and contains the FAS/DPD test. More here, Pool School - Test Kits Compared

I'm in Portugal, I don't know where to buy it on Europe :s

I think this Poolwell - Pooltester Chlor/pH/Alkalinität and this Poolwell - Pooltester Chlor/pH SP 610 is the best I found

Do you think the product at page 24 will work http://www.palintest.com/application/files/9114/5562/0943/Pool_and_Spa_Brochure_EN_LR.pdf ?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.