After a season with the Liquidator, my biggest surprise....

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
SW Indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
....was that I didn't have to vacuum as much. I assume that the daily dosing a bleach I was doing manually was allowing some algae growth that was showing up as dirt on the bottom. The consistent chlorine level provided by the Liquidator apparently does a much better job of controlling growth. I did use about 12 more bottles of bleach than the previous year.

The improvement was so significant, that I think I'm taking a robotic cleaner off my wish list. I've previously needed to vacuum and brush the pool at least weekly, and when I did, I could clearly see the areas that had already been done. This year, I only vacuumed the pool completely 4 or 5 times during the swimming season. I live in an area surrounded by farm fields, and we have a lot of dust too. My biggest problem this year was bugs on the bottom, so I'm thinking about investing in a Poolbuster or similar cleaner instead of the robot.

:goodjob: :goodjob:

I actually used less Chlorine. I am still using 2.5 gals of 10% CL per week and I was using 3.5 gal a week manual dosing. I do have to admit that I shocked maybe 4 times this season compared to only once last year because I sometimes went 5-7 days with out testing (please don't do as I do or do I recommend not to test more frequently, just being honest). Those extra shocks were due to having lower than 1pp of CL in my pool.

I have not posted in a while and I know there were a lot of people dissapointed with the LQ but I have no complaints. As a matter of fact I have almost no crud on the bottom of my LQ and have gone almost 9 months with out cleaning.

I still think it was the best money I have spent on my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.