5 years with a Compupool cps-60

Mar 28, 2007
I thought I would send a review of 5 years experience with this.

The product actually works quite well, but and a big but.
They leak, the cell leaks, the couplings leak. The sell housing leaks because
it cracks. The cell housing is made of styrene which is very brittle and cracks
very easily. I replaced the cell housing 5 times in 5 years. The plug on the back of the cell
burned up and then the cell power pins started leaking. After all this I give up and
removed it. The constant problem of leaks was just too much.

I do miss not having to go to the store to get chlorine.

Cliffs

I have a cpsc24 and have had zero issues with it for the last 3 years. Count myself lucky I guess.

Mine needs to be cleaned about every 2-3 weeks due to scale building up so I assume the reverse polarity is not working or bs. But other than that I am all good.

Do you have to clean your cell at all?? And if so are you using the "preferred method"?? As told to me by the pool store/compupool was to take the blue hard plastic housing apart into 2 pieces to brush off the grids. Doing so the first time I had to pull so hard I was afraid that I was going to break the housing. I now clean with water and a bit of MA poured into the housing as it is wedged into a 5 gallon bucket. Works flawlessly and may have prevented leaking issues for me.

The melting plug issue I have seen but luckily not experienced.

Sorry that you have had issues. Has compupool taken care of your issues or have the fixes been on your dime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.