Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 5 years with a Compupool cps-60

1. Back To Top    #1

5 years with a Compupool cps-60

I thought I would send a review of 5 years experience with this.

The product actually works quite well, but and a big but.
    They leak, the cell leaks, the couplings leak. The sell housing leaks because
    it cracks. The cell housing is made of styrene which is very brittle and cracks
    very easily. I replaced the cell housing 5 times in 5 years. The plug on the back of the cell
    burned up and then the cell power pins started leaking. After all this I give up and
    removed it. The constant problem of leaks was just too much.

I do miss not having to go to the store to get chlorine.

2. Back To Top    #2

Peoria, IL

Re: 5 years with a Compupool cps-60

I have a cpsc24 and have had zero issues with it for the last 3 years. Count myself lucky I guess.

Mine needs to be cleaned about every 2-3 weeks due to scale building up so I assume the reverse polarity is not working or bs. But other than that I am all good.

Do you have to clean your cell at all?? And if so are you using the "preferred method"?? As told to me by the pool store/compupool was to take the blue hard plastic housing apart into 2 pieces to brush off the grids. Doing so the first time I had to pull so hard I was afraid that I was going to break the housing. I now clean with water and a bit of MA poured into the housing as it is wedged into a 5 gallon bucket. Works flawlessly and may have prevented leaking issues for me.

The melting plug issue I have seen but luckily not experienced.

Sorry that you have had issues. Has compupool taken care of your issues or have the fixes been on your dime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    30x20 vinyl IG, Hayward SD60 with Pentair Dynamo 340219 2HP pump, Compupool CPSC24 SWG, Hayward H200FDN heater. APC automatic pool cover.
    Central Illinois

3. Back To Top    #3

Long Beach, CA

Re: 5 years with a Compupool cps-60

To prevent scale buildup you need to have the CSI in the negative range or else all cells will buildup scale even if the reverse polarity is working.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process