Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Different surface textures for steps/slope?

1. Back To Top    #1

Different surface textures for steps/slope?

My pool design has a pretty sharp transition from shallow to deep. The surface I have planned is a WetEdge product that is slicker than snot. Walking the pool after the gunite was sprayed, me and several of my neighbors came to the conclusion that the shallow/deep transition and the steps off the tanning ledge could be dangerously slick. Will PBs do 2 separate surface layers, without charging me for 2 complete/separate layers, or is this an unusual/insane request?

36 x 16 IG, SWG, FAFCO Solar Heating System, WetEdge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, 8.5' - 3.5' depth, 6' S.R. Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand, Interfab X-Stream slide, 27k gallons, doggy tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers, 2.75 Hayward Tristar pump, Hayward 425 cart filter, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 light, Dolphin Z5

2. Back To Top    #2

New England - MA

Re: Different surface textures for steps/slope?

I imagine that's possible since I've seen pools with tanning ledges in different plaster colors than the rest of the pool. Have you seen the Primera finish first hand? I'm wanting to use it in the spa to reduce wear/tear on swimsuits and body parts. I was concerned it might be too slippery on the spa entry step. What makes it slippery is the polishing they do after pebble application. What if they skip the polish or just go ever lightly to get abrasive pebbles?

And wow, a large part of that pool is deep. We are struggling with deciding on perfect transition between shallow and deep areas of pool.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir