Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Howdy :)

1. Back To Top    #1
    Evans, GA

Howdy :)

How is everyone? been a while since I poked my head in. Still haven't properly winterized the pool. Kinda just stopped putting chems in it and run the pump when the temps get down to 35 or below, which has been a few times already. Georgia has some wacky weather!. Right now I am watching as the rain fills it way above the skimmer. I guess is ok, since I need to vaccum out the gunk at the bottom and skim the pine needles out.

Hope all is well with everyone! Are ya'll ready for Christmas!?
    *~ Laura ~*
    27x52 Aquasphere Conquest AGP (approx.17,100 gal)
    1 HP Pentair Dynamo Pump & SD-40 Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    BBB User- Salt Added

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Howdy :)

Good to see you again Laura!

You may just want to keep up what you're doing, rather than fully winterizing the pool - it really depends on how often and for how long you can reasonably expect freezing temps.

Since you haven't been around much - I'll assume that the pool has been trouble free

As for X-mas, I've still got to pay off the oil tank refill from last month However, I am looking forward to seeing the family

I hope all is well and will continue to be so throughout the winter 8) If I don't 'see' you before then - Merry Christmas and wishes for a great 2009

Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Howdy :)

Hi there,

Things are quiet around here, watching my winter cover blowing in the wind today. We've had a lot of windy weather this fall, I don't expect this cover to survive the year.

Am I ready for Christmas? Heck no. I'm not sure if I'll survive Thanksgiving.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner