Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build in Massachusetts

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build in Massachusetts

I've been using this forum for some time. We had built a pool at our old home and loved it, and after three Ye as at our new home have decided to take the plunge again. While we loved our pool as a finished product last time, but the process was not pleasant. This time we are working with a smaller company that uses subcontractors, but after all of my research I am comfortable with those people and am feeling good. I also learned about them from this forum and between that reference and the others I received I am feeling good. (I also am enjoying that my construction manager is a woman!)

We are in permitting now and she is coming to mark out the pool Wednesday. Digging should start soon. Luckily, having done this before, my expectations on timing are much more relaxed.

I've attached some pictures (complete with kids and dogs since everyone was out tonight) and my builder's concept. We have a freestanding spa, which is not as lovely as the attached but a true gift in the New England winters. I love looking at other's pictures so wanted to share some, as well. Very excited to swim again soon.

Building 20x40 free-form pool; pebble sheen, caretaker in floor, swg, intelliflo pump, heater. Sundance 800 spa happily in use. More to come!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool Build in Massachusetts

Building 20x40 free-form pool; pebble sheen, caretaker in floor, swg, intelliflo pump, heater. Sundance 800 spa happily in use. More to come!

3. Back To Top    #3

Those Labs are gonna have a blast!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Going to be beautiful. Be sure to add pool details to your signature.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like a great setup! Our three labs that have long since passed on are probably looking from above wishing we had our current pool when they were living. We probably never would have got them out - summer or winter!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

6. Back To Top    #6

Love this forum because it is full of good information without too much judgment. People seem to appreciate everyone's choices. So sorry your labs have passed, BoDarville. We lost our first guy just after we installed our first pool. These guys aren't swimmers, but they will love that sun shelf. Hoping to get them in. The yellow one is snuggled up next to me now with her ball under her chin. Maybe throwing that will get her swimming!

7. Back To Top    #7

I really like the change in texture and material you took when transitioning to the fire pit. That is going to look great.
    You may find you would benefit from a little more deck width near the house. That traffic area will get congested with both through traffic and the table being there.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

8. Back To Top    #8

The decking on this sketch is off and we thought the same thing. We plan to use natural field stones to create a path through the grass to the fire pit and use similar stones to create the patio in that area. Then we are going to use large rocks to create the fire pit. We like the natural look and plan to do a mixture of materials. Thinking Blue Granite or French Gray for pebble finish. The waterfall is still under discussion but we are plumbing for it.

9. Back To Top    #9

I like the fire pit idea, especially built from rocks. This whole area looks like a great place to get together, have fun, and relax.
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater, my pool build

10. Back To Top    #10

[Oops. Sorry this post went on the wrong thread. Deleting it]
    Last edited by Ascew; 06-10-2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Posted on wrong thread.
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

11. Back To Top    #11

Love those plans!!! I also love the fire pit area.

Keep us updated!!
    24X44 IG Vinyl Custom Shaped Pool, Starite S7M400 Cartridge Filter, Starite Sumpermax VS Pump, built July 2015, TF-100 Test Kit, Pentair Intellichlor IC40 SWG, NG Starite SR400 Heater, Easytouch with Screen Logic, Magicstream Laminars, Bullfrog A7 Spa

12. Back To Top    #12

Have you heard when digging is going to start?
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater

13. Back To Top    #13

Waiting on the permit, but she sprayed out the pool yesterday. I really appreciate how she listens to us and also educates us through the process. Now we need to move the swinger and wait for the town to say "go!"

14. Back To Top    #14

Lol, my PB told me today, it isn't good to overload the customer with too much information. Maybe he tires of my never ending questions.

15. Back To Top    #15

Wow. Meant to say swingset. Auto correct made me seem a little naughty! Questions are good. Having been through this before, I am more comfortable and trying to trust more. I think my PB is fair, wants to make a profit but will not do so at my expense. That to me is a great way to run a business. Fair all around. I'll post pictures when we get to the next phase.

16. Back To Top    #16

Permit process seems to be close so our PB is thinking digging will begin next Thursday. Timing couldn't be better as my son's 6th grade promotion is Wednesday. I have to say I love my PB and how she communicates with me. She has been spot-on recommending folks for decking and never pulls any punches. Though I love to save money, that type of relationship is worth it's weight in gold. Feeling very happy tonight.

17. Back To Top    #17

Excellent. Must be exciting times for you and your family. I hope it goes smoothly and as expected.
    18' to 29' wide by 37' long, 22K gal, Lagoon Free form, vinyl lined, in ground Pool with SWG, Hayward Cartridge 175 Filter, 3/4 HP Tri-Star, Gas fired 300 BTU heater, my pool build

18. Back To Top    #18

Dig day! Well, our dig started today. I was so nervous because it was supposed to happen yesterday and I was going to be home all day. However, a lot of rain on Sunday meant a wet yard for the trucks, so they pushed it until today. I had to take my mother to visit some friends so I couldn't be here for much of the dig. It went really well for the most part. We knew there were rocks in the yard and a chance of ledge. They hit ledge only in one corner, so we need to pay a bit to get it out, but in the grand scheme it could have been much, much worse. I can't believe how many beautiful rocks came out of our yard. I see many landscaping uses for them already. Some will need to get removed. I love the shape of the pool and I can see how it will all come together now. Of course, we have a long way to go, but it was a pretty good day.

19. Back To Top    #19

Great start. Keep pics coming.
    2015 Pool Build --> HERE IG 19'x47' w/ 7'x7' in pool spa; 3'6"-8' deep.
    Pentair 520 Filter, IntelliFlow VS XF Pump, IntelliChlor IC60 SWG, IntelliBrite/GloBrite LEDs, IntelliTouch w/Screenlogic2. 400K BTU heater. A&A G4V in-floor cleaning system. WetEdge Prism Matrix Pebble finish. TechoBloc Pavers and Coping.
    Test kits - Taylor K-2006 FAS/DPD, K-1766 Salt, SpeedStir

20. Back To Top    #20

Exciting times! That looks great. I bet the kids are bouncing off the walls.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast