Cartridge filter pressure problems

Jun 7, 2015
Mount Dora, Fl
I recently purchased a home with a concrete pool and a cartridge filter. I have owned homes with pools before but always vinyl liners and sand filters. Despite having a new cartridge filter I find my pressure rising to 30-35 psi each day and my water barely circulating. I have been giving the cartridge a thorough cleaning and the pressure drops down to about 10-15 psi but within a day or so its back up again. I have even put a filter bag on the skimmer to try and catch some of the dirt and debris without success. With a sand filter I would just backwash and go on but the cartridge issue is giving me fits. I am afraid I am going to ruin the cartridge with repeated cleanings. It generally doesn't look that terribly dirty when I remove it. What else could be causing the pressure issues? Thanks!

I do find it hard to keep the chlorine levels up since moving here. In Tn I used chlorine tabs as well as shock and stabilizer and didnt seem to have an issue but here it seems hard to keep those levels up with the warmer water temps. I have included liquid chlorine which I wasn't familiar with but that has made little difference. I am using a different brand of products here that I am accustomed to as well.Haven't had an algae break out yet but I know if I'm not vigilant it's going to happen. Any recommendations on what works best here in Fl.? Thanks so much!

After the chemistry is in check, if you feel that the cartridges are on need of replacement, I have had a good experience with Pleatco filter cartridges. Much better than the OEM cartridges.

By all means, make sure something isn't growing first. If you haven't done so yet, get one of the recommended test kits and post a set of results. There are lots of experts on the forum that have great advice, but can't offer much without testing results. I switched to the TFP method this year and life couldn't be better pool side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.