Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Any changes needed?

1. Back To Top    #1

Any changes needed?

I finished balancing my pool and I'm nervous that I put in too much CYA. Also, the water is crystal clear, but thought I would post the numbers in case the levels should be tweaked. (For example, should I raise my TA slightly?)

FC: 7
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.6
    TA: 100
    CH: 110
    CYA: 55-60

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    ------------------------
    30K Gallon Vinyl Inground
    Jandy DEL 48 DE Filter
    BBB Method
    Taylor FAS-DPD Test Kit K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Any changes needed?

Quote Originally Posted by poolnj View Post
    I finished balancing my pool and I'm nervous that I put in too much CYA. Also, the water is crystal clear, but thought I would post the numbers in case the levels should be tweaked. (For example, should I raise my TA slightly?)

FC: 7
    CC: 0
    PH: 7.6
    TA: 100
    CH: 110
    CYA: 55-60

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    I think you should just go swimming.

Tip: The last row in poolmath is labelled Suggested Goal Levels. If you select TFP, vinyl, and bleach, it will fill in the suggested levels for you in the rows above. As long as you keep FC above the minimum number for your CYA, there's no problem with your CYA. When you get to TA, note the suggested level is 70-90+. Your TA is 100. That's 90+. You don't need to add any. So just plug 100 in as your target, it will say add nothing, and move on down the list. If you ever drop below 70, then you'll need to set a target number that's 70-90. Same thing applies to CYA. Plug your current 60 in as your goal and move along. You don't need to do anything tonight but enjoy.

Tomorrow, add the daily dose of bleach.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Richard! You are always the first to reply! I'm sure everyone joins me in thanking you!

(Any way to buy you a coffee?)

------------------------
    30K Gallon Vinyl Inground
    Jandy DEL 48 DE Filter
    BBB Method
    Taylor FAS-DPD Test Kit K-2006

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm sure Richard would appreciate you becoming a TGP supporter.

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach