New Pool Owner -Bacq Conversion

At 7:15 this morning my levels were FC 11 and CC 0.5. FC only dropped 4 from last night so getting close.

As expected the FC was zero when I got home from work tonight so I added 1 gal of 12.5% shock. I'll measure again in a bit too see where that brings me. Based off yesterday it should get me back to 15.

I took a few pics but haven't had a chance to post so here they are.

At the beginning:
3afcb7157b404d8483b3a742fb98b7ac.jpg

This was the worst it looked. I didn't have the typical color show.

Last night before dark:
2d244b2adc351ac0ef21ff97465ac89b.jpg

Changed the sand in my filter today, but I did something wrong because the filter is now spitting out sand. I backwashed for a couple of minutes and rinsed for 2-3 minutes but there is still a ton of sand coming out. Guess I'm going to have to rip the filter apart again to see what's going on. Another annoying thing is the filter is located under the built-in deck so doing any work on it under there is a pain.

Take the sand back out. Look over the tube and laterals. Look for any chips in the tube and missing ribs on the laterals.

When you put your sand back in were you VERY careful to not get any sand down the tube?

Did you backwash and rinse the sand/filter before you started the filter?

Just shooting ideas out there.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.