Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Replace Pool Deck Carpeting

1. Back To Top    #1

Replace Pool Deck Carpeting

The outdoor carpeting/covering that was on my pool deck has ripped and frayed. I removed it and now all that is there is the bare aluminum. See (sideways) photo.

I am having a hard time finding someone to come replace the carpeting. In addition, it appears that there are other options like non-skid paint and modular deck tiles such as:

Buy Patio Tiles and Decking

Anyone have any thoughts on how I might proceed with this? Obviously the aluminum deck will be tremendously hot so any non-skid paint or deck tiles would need to be heat resistant as well.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Attached Images Attached Images
    11,000 gallon above ground oval pool.
    Hayward pump and sand filter
    Installed 2002
    Filled from well

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Replace Pool Deck Carpeting

I would get some of that deck tile stuff in your link. I bet will be last longer and look better than the outdoor carpet. That is just me speaking from my gut.

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I would NOT paint it. It will not stick good for long.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

My sister went with the paint and it chipped quickly and looks horrible.
    18ft Round AG, Vinyl, 100LB Pentair Sand Filter, 1HP, June 2012, TF-100 w/SpeedStir

4. Back To Top    #4

If you decide to paint it then use semi-solid or solid exterior stain. It is available in many colors and will last longer than paint, won't chip or peel and is easy to recoat.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I am at a standstill with the same issue. What to do? What to do? I see this post was from last summer, what did you end up using and how does it look? Thanks for your help!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by elissamc View Post
    I am at a standstill with the same issue. What to do? What to do? I see this post was from last summer, what did you end up using and how does it look? Thanks for your help!
    Welcome to TFP,

You're not likely to get an answer from this poster with them only being here once with this, and not back for some time. I would encourage you to start a new thread with your specifics, and hopefully get some answers.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem