St Augustine, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Here are my numbers for this evening. I feel more comfortable now that my CH numbers are correct after talking to some others on the board. I am still waiting for my FC numbers to drop more to get an accurate reading on PH before adding any acid.

Other than that, please feel free to send some comments and/or reccomendations.

Water is super clear and looking good!!! :mrgreen:

FC - 16
CC - 0.5
TC - 16.5
PH - 8.0
TA - 110
CH - 390
CYA - 70
Salt (SWG) - 3500
Salt (Strips) - 3460
Borates - 30
Temp - 67

I think your pH test is accurate enough and I would lower it to 7.4.

It will tend to rise anyway and, even after your FC drops, I think you will find the pH test has reported accurately. If so (and there is not too much doubt in my mind), then your pH is too high. you never want pH in the 8's and 7.4 is about perfect.

With FC around 15 the PH will probably read a little higher than actual, by 0.1 or maybe 0.2. Also, as the FC level falls the PH will also fall a bit. It wouldn't hurt to lower PH just a little, but I wouldn't lower it too much till the FC level has come down more.

Thanks for the information guys. I will add some acid and then check it again. I am guessing that my FC will be <10 within a few more days based on the rate that it has been dropping. As you know waterbear... not much sun for us yesterday and possibly today. :(

Well I am off to make another refill order with Dave. LOL I am having so much fun with this now that things are looking better and I am understanding them better. :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.