Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Most Recent Numbers

1. Back To Top    #1

Most Recent Numbers

Here are my numbers for this evening. I feel more comfortable now that my CH numbers are correct after talking to some others on the board. I am still waiting for my FC numbers to drop more to get an accurate reading on PH before adding any acid.

Other than that, please feel free to send some comments and/or reccomendations.

Water is super clear and looking good!!!

FC - 16
    CC - 0.5
    TC - 16.5
    PH - 8.0
    TA - 110
    CH - 390
    CYA - 70
    Salt (SWG) - 3500
    Salt (Strips) - 3460
    Borates - 30
    Temp - 67
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Most Recent Numbers

I think your pH test is accurate enough and I would lower it to 7.4.

It will tend to rise anyway and, even after your FC drops, I think you will find the pH test has reported accurately. If so (and there is not too much doubt in my mind), then your pH is too high. you never want pH in the 8's and 7.4 is about perfect.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

With FC around 15 the PH will probably read a little higher than actual, by 0.1 or maybe 0.2. Also, as the FC level falls the PH will also fall a bit. It wouldn't hurt to lower PH just a little, but I wouldn't lower it too much till the FC level has come down more.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I would just drop it to 7.6 since you have a SWG.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the information guys. I will add some acid and then check it again. I am guessing that my FC will be <10 within a few more days based on the rate that it has been dropping. As you know waterbear... not much sun for us yesterday and possibly today.

Well I am off to make another refill order with Dave. LOL I am having so much fun with this now that things are looking better and I am understanding them better.
    16,500 Gallon Plaster, Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 1 1/2 HP Up-Rated Pump, Pentair Clean n Clear 150 Cartridge Filter, BioGuard Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Hayward Navigator Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer